URGENT REFORM: ENDING EXPLOITATION

 The Hollywood industry is notoriously competitive, troubled by, 

1. Idea theft

2. Plagiarism

3. Copyright infringement

4. Exploitation

As a writer, I've faced relentless plagiarism and copyright infringement for years. Despite holding copyrights to my books, I've witnessed my manuscripts on TV screens even before publication.

I'm torn between:

- Taking it as a compliment that my ideas and content are valuable enough to steal

- Being offended by the theft that deprives me of rightful income

Despite costly lawsuits – often in the millions or billions – this unethical behavior persists. High-profile law firms find loopholes in legislation, allowing perpetrators to evade accountability.

As the US economy relies heavily on Hollywood's revenue and global influence, Lawmakers must take immediate action to tackle this pressing concern. Moreover, it's high time to put an end to the egregious practice of passing off others' efforts as one's own, disguised as flattery.






Comments

Most visited