LANDLORD And TENANT STORY In TORONTO CANADA

Tenant: I saw your ad , is your property for rent ?

Landlord: Yes , it is 

Tenant: Can you give me more details and a virtual tour? 

Landlord: Ofcourse, I send you a virtual tour and details right now , my property was renovated recently with fresh painting in an excellent condition 

Tenant: Okey, let me see that , I get back to you 


Tenant: I saw virtual tour it looks great , I am interested can I see it in person, is rent negotiable? 

Landlord: Rent is compatible with market but if I see you are eligible we can discuss about discount, when do you want to visit it ?

Tenant: I am busy this week , next week ? I really want this property

Landlord: Okay, how about Tuesday next week, I bring two copies of contract in case you decided to sign it 

Nex week 

Landlord: Hi , nice to meet you , I give you a tour to aprtment and amenities 

Tenant: Good , let's go 

Landlord: Okey that's it , what do you think? Is it what you expected? Renovated and fresh ?

Tenant: Yes , I like it , I want to sign a contract 


Landlord and Tanent shake hands

Landlord :There you go, it is your copy , welcome to my property 

Tenant: Thanks I e transferd deposit 


Two days after 

Tenant: This property is not what I wanted , I send you a list of claims for maintenance 

Landlord : I think you are mistaken, property just before you move in renovated, I send some one check on your claims 

Landlord: Expert checked your claim did not agree with you neither am I 

Tenant: Your property is not a place for living 

Landlord: Okey, based on law I will visit my property in 24h to check on your claims personally 

Tenant: I am busy , can't be there for your visit 

Landlord:It is ok , I have my key can check it if you are busy 

Tenant: No , I don't want any one come inside my apartment in my absence 

Landlord: Don't worry, how about the day after 

Tenant: No , I am not available 

Landlord: Okey , If i can not see what is wrong I can not fix it , besides everything recently was fixed if anything is missing I should check first 


Two weeks later 

Tenant: I evacuated your property give my deposit back 

Landlord: You have one year contract with me , I dropped all other interested Tanent for you , you can not just abandoned my property without notice 

Tenant: Give me my money 

Landlord: If you believe is any misunderstanding let's talk about it 

You owe me rent , deposit is for last month of duration of contract not for temporary using my property 


A month later 

Landlord: I am ready talk about contract, or let you go out of it by end of the month 

Tenant: No I just pay for two weeks I was there 

Landlord: I am waving 60 days notice to one month, you caused me lost of many potential Tanents

Tenant: No I do not pay a month rent 

Landlord: I am going to file a complaint against you if you are not cooperating, still I am willing to resolve this without court be involved 

Tenant: No response 

Landlord: Sorry , I filed a complaint but still if you pay me rent by today I withdraw it 


One year later 

A conference call for investigation on evidences and hearings 

Results: Postponded for later time 


Two years later 

Another conference call for hearings 


Two months later 

Results: Tenant is in fault and should pay ...amount to landlord by this date ...


One month later 

Landlord: Tenant did not pay his over due rents by court deadline 

No response 

Landlord: Tenant is not paying his owe money 

No response 

Landlord: I am taking this order to be enforced by authorities 

Authorities: We can not enforce this order , you should file a complaint against Tanent with small claims court

Landlord: I filed a complaint two years ago and have an order in my hand after two years I file another complaint? 

Authorities: Sorry , we can not help , you can hire a debt collector 

Landlord: I spent money and time for recieving this order on top of financial loss , I should pay more money because my name is landlord and his name is Tanent? 

Authorities: Sorry 


By : Sam Smith 












Comments

Most visited